9.21.2009

Things I Adore: Part 5

Natural Photographs

I read another blog article about Elles' use of untouched and make-up free photographs in a recent issue.  How fantastic!  Too often, we forget that the models and actors/actresses in magazines don't really look that smooth and blemish-free.  They have moles, warts and pimples just like you and me.

While it's important to put your best foot forward; do you need a new face too?  I recently tested this with a couple of my own photographs.  I ran them through photoshop.  Here are the before and after effects:









I guess I'm lucky because there isn't too much to cover, but even so...  I like my real face.  Yes, I have a few freckles and a flat mole on my nose, but they add character.  What is so wrong about being unique anyway?  Why airbrush out the features that make you different?

Do you like au natural?

No comments: